Why Visit or Work Here?
- Location, location, location! Plus, a great walkable downtown!
- Restaurants – Italian, Indian, Chinese, Irish, Diner, Eastern Mediterranean, Japanese Sushi, World Fusion and coming soon The Flying Squirrel (candy, ice cream, toys) and Bakn (new upscale breakfast, brunch and lunch place). Both coming in spring of 2015.
- Theater, art, music & dance.
- The Andrew Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall – a regional treasure with new Lincoln Gallery, a must see!
- Many places of worship representing a variety of faiths.
- Bike trails nearby (Panhandle Trail with access to the Montour Trail).
- Newly renovated Carnegie Park.
- Brand new dog park (One for the little guys, too!) in Carnegie Park.
- Pitcher Skate Park in Carnegie Park!
- Year round activities, The Carnegie Crawl (2nd Fridays May-October, Carnegie Celebrates (first Saturday in December), Halloween Parade, 4th of July and more!
- The People are friendly and fun!
- Police & Firemen are the best & everyone else that works to make Carnegie great!
With the Ramps closed here are two good options to get here:
1. Continue past Carnegie on 376 towards 79s (you will pass the Rosslyn Farms exit). Take the Carnegie exit from 79s. Make a left onto Mansfield Avenue which becomes West Main St. Follow the sign for the business district at the third light. You will pass Off The Wall Theater on your right. Once you cross Chartiers Creek you are now on East Main St.
2. Take the Rosslyn Farms exit from 376, make a left and cross over 376 to get on the on ramp towards Pittsburgh, make a right before you reach the bottom of the hill. At the intersection make a left, that puts you on Bell Ave. At the bottom of the hill make a right, continue on Bell Ave at the next light you will be on Mansfield Ave. Keep straight at the next light make a right and you will be on East Main St.